Friday, June 10, 2011

Taste of the Farnes











My fourth trip to the Farne Islands and I never tire of trying to photograph Puffin. They are lightening fast and the majority far too fast for me and my camera however, the occassional image can give pleasing results. This year there seems to be an ample supply of sandeels and the challenge for the incoming Puffin is to hit the burrow in one shot otherwise risk getting beaten up and mugged by the lazy Black-headed Gulls, or worse, the Black-backed brutes.

2 comments:

lulubelle said...

I really enjoyed this series, Robin! They are such gorgeous little birds and so unusual looking! I think you & your camera did great justice to them!

Robin Edwards said...

Many thanks for your kind comments lulubelle. I hope Texan birding is treating you well - no return trips scheduled for me currently but I am likely to be in NJ next month.